ASUS Eee PC Seashell 1005HA-MU17-BU 10.1-Inch Blue Netbook - 8.5 Hours of Battery Life (Windows 7 Starter)

I bought this computer basically for browsing the Internet and doing other minor tasks, listening to music, creating documents, watching TV and Movies etc. I haven't run any labor intensive programs yet (I've only had it for a couple days). I was going to play around with it for a while before deciding to upgrade to the 2GB RAM. So far so good. I haven't had any of the HD vibrations or excessive noise the other reviewer had. The battery life is phenomenal. I can't believe I can use a laptop this long and not have to be plugged in.

My only gripe is the Windows 7 Starter that comes installed. I have heard great things about "7" and couldn't wait to try it. For someone who likes to "play" with settings, configurations and stuff, the starter edition is not the way to go. You can't even change your desktop from the boring windows logo. I did not think about reviewing the Windows 7 Starter edition before buying. I may have to spend additional money upgrading to the Home Edition. If you are going to buy this laptop make sure Windows 7 Starter is for you.

All in all very happy with the netbook and will serve my purposes wonderfully, just wish I would have looked at Windows 7.

READ MORE

Disqus Comments