Seashell 1008HA MU17 WT 10 1 Inch White Netbook


I decided to purchase this one because it met and exceeded my requirements for a NETBOOK. The specs on this baby match up better than most. Great keyboard and mouse, keys feel great, wireless n, fast boot, upgradeable from 1GB to 2GB, user friendly ASUS Bios updater interface, Microsoft works, lightweight. You must understand first the context of my statement. I wanted a NETbook. Not a Laptop. I didnt want an "ultimate" or Professional" version of ANYTHING running on this NETbook. I wanted it to be lean and mean. I wanted a small, powerful, convenient AND FAST NETbook for casual surfing and email. If you wanted more, your in the wrong market. I didnt buy this to play games, edit, video, watch TV or DVD's, etc. Like I said I didn't want a Laptop. Windows Starter 32 bit is an excellent match for a NETbook. Think of Windows 7 Starter as just that, the place to start. I figured, if I NEED an "anytime upgrade" Ill get it. At this point, having had used it for a week, I'm not changing a thing. Less is more with a NETbook. Ill save upgrades for my LAPtop and DESKtop. From when I push the power button to my first opening click of Firefox = less than one minute. I removed some preloaded crapware, i.e. ASUS whistles and bells and some preloaded games. Added Norton Internet Security Netbook Edition, and bingo, the perfect NETbook.

READ MORE

Disqus Comments