Toshiba Black Onyx Netbook


Toshiba Mini NB205-N230 10.1-Inch Black Onyx Netbook - 9 Hours of Battery Life (Windows 7 Starter)

I actually bought the NB205-N330BN, pre-ordering it from amazon, so this review is by an actual owner. In addition to this netbook, I also own 2 desktops (one I built myself) and two laptops. Before buying, one needs to realize the limitations of a netbook. It's not meant as a replacement for your desktop or laptop. I bought it for remote access to my company's server so I could prepare reports from the road and not have to drive 1-2 hours to my office. For this and for internet browsing, it has been perfect. Two others in my office have Asus and HP netbooks and this Toshiba blows them away, if for nothing else the keyboard layout. Wi-fi reception has been much better than the laptop I previously used, so I have no complaints at all. Windows 7 Starter has been fine. I didn't need all the bells and whistles and stupid Windows tricks. No wallpaper? Who cares?

All I can suggest is that you do your research to make sure a netbook fits your needs. Read the reviews and visit a retail outlet to check out the various models, keyboard layout, etc. At this time I highly recommend the Toshiba. I thought my wife might complain about the brown color, but she and everyone else loves it. A nice change from black or blue.

READ MORE

Disqus Comments